Saturday 2 August 2014

Event: BANK Fashion Liverpool Relaunch with Michelle Keegan.


Yesterday afternoon I hopped on a train to a very rainy Liverpool for the #itsagirlthing relaunch of one of my favourite stores, BANK, which saw it become BANK's first women's only store. To be attending the launch was special guest Michelle Keegan, showing off her gorgeous new Lipsy Collection, and hundreds of her hardcore fans were already waiting outside the store when I arrived an hour before it was due to open to the public (turns out celebrity endorsements really work!).

Unfortunately, Friday evening traffic meant that Michelle was delayed by an hour, so I took this as an opportunity to check out the store, fill up on cake pops and prosecco and catch up with my fellow bloggers, Clare (tweet) and Nada (Nada Adelle). At first I thought it was a little odd that BANK were relaunching as a women's only store; surely that would halve their demographic of customers? However, after having a browse around, I realise that it has only made room for even more of their gorgeous women's items (that sunflower co-ord... Hello!) and the new layout of the store makes it easier to find each of the many brands that they stock, meaning us ladies are in for a much more pleasant shopping experience; guys don't care for it anyway, right?! ;)

Michelle finally arrived to the store at around 5:30PM, and the whole upper levels of Liverpool One were scattered full of people trying to get a glimpse of the action. She spent a while outside taking selfies and signing autographs for her devoted fans, many of whom were young girls who had been waiting at the barriers in the rain since between 7-9 in the morning (crazy!)! She then came back inside for a brief press photo call in front of her collection; a selection of dresses, jackets, tops and skirts which have been injected her personality and signature look, with elegant and tailored numbers including the sleek tuxedo suit that she was sporting to the event (LOVE).

Just before I had to dash, I was able to have a quick photo opportunity with Michelle and I can gladly report that she is super lovely and absolutely stunning... I have mega hair envy right now!

Were you at the BANK Liverpool launch? I would recommend checking it out if you're about! :)

Frances x

3 comments:

  1. ohh they look like they have some lovely pieces! Glad you had a lovely time :)

    http://emilyjane94.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the look of some of those pieces, I'll have to pop in and check them out in person!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely post! You look absolutely stunning btw!

    http://antoniahetherington.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every single one and they absolutely make my day! I try to answer all questions but please allow me up to 48 hours to do so! If you have a question you want answering straight away, feel free to email me or contact me via Twitter :) x